Wednesday 28 March 2012

OWOP - Days 1, 2, 3 and 4 (and a 6th Swing Top)

This last week here in London could not have given us days more beautiful to really make the most out of Tilly's One Week, One Pattern challenge.  My chosen pattern is Dixie DIY's Swing Top, which I have now made a grand total of six times.

Day 1: A super sunny Saturday in a somewhat Seventies outfit, hosting a little garden party to welcome in British Summertime. 


I wore: Stripy jersey swing top (first one ever made), Del Forte jeans, vintage Wonder Woman belt, Swedish Hasbeens clogs, Stella McCartney shades.

~

Day 2: Out and about in London, a deceptively chilly sunny day, so I was glad for my sixth and latest swing top made from a cosy ribbed wool jersey.


I wore: Dusty pink wool jersey swing top, Monkee Genes, Marc Jacobs flats.

~

Day 3: Monday in my studio, sun streaming in through the shutters, surrounded by Chantilly lace, Dupion silk and ivory organza... Hoping to infuse a wedding dress with dreams and ideals of love and companionship, health and happiness.


I wore: White viscose jersey swing top with blue floral cotton binding, Del Forte jeans, belt my Dad made for me, Swedish Hasbeens clogs.

~

Day 4: Early breakfast in Portobello with my StepDad, then back to the studio and the final fitting of the wedding dress with my Bride and her Mum (can you tell how much I'm itching to be able to talk about this in more detail??!).


I wore: Grey marl viscose jersey swing top with red paisley rayon binding, red crepe pencil skirt (made from McCall's 5081, which is fast becoming a contender for the next OWOP challenge...), Marc Jacobs flats.

So far I have been really enjoying this challenge; the swing tops already feature heavily in my day to day dressing, so I can't really call that aspect challenging, but what I have enjoyed most is the outfit planning and styling around one staple item.  This top is genius in its versatility; easy and comfortable enough to be dressed down for everyday running around, yet pretty and polished enough to tuck into one hell of a wiggle skirt and sequin heels for a look that will unite Carrie Bradshaw and Joan Holloway in fashion matrimony... Intrigued?  Stay tuned for OWOP Day 5's evening outfit...

9 comments:

  1. I'm really loving the dress up/dress down approach Elisalex. And can I just say I am exceedingly jealous of your beautiful hair? Stunning. Looking forward to day 5!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne thank you!!! Very sweet of you to say. I grow it myself ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh loving these outfits. I might *possibly* have got the dates for this wrong as started the challenge on monday... ohps...But I am also loving the challenge of picking outfits with a bit of thought rather than what is at the top of the pile and doesn't clash :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha better late than never! Thoughtful dressing all the way... I might have to make this a habit.

      Delete
  3. I love that red pencil skirt, and your bike is beautiful! :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like to pretend that I actually still ride that bike... But if you look closely you'll see the flat tyres!

      Delete
  4. Absolutely loving these outfits, you carry off casual and chic so well. That skirt in the last picture is pure loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Marie! Can't wait to see your Renfrew's in action! And if you think the red skirt is good, just you wait for the one I made for tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts, and if you have any questions at all, I will reply to them within these comments - so please be sure to check back to get your answer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...