Friday 27 January 2012

Lady

It is a happy, happy day - and a very long time coming - that I get to introduce Lady, my new studio assistant slash dress-up dolly!


I don't know what's taken me so damn long to get a mannequin.  I'm pretty sure I've made my life up until now unnecessarily complicated by not having one, and I'm pretty sure I'll look back and wonder how the hell I ever managed before.  I guess I kept putting it off for lack of funds to just casually splash on a hobby, and I can definitely blame my chronic indecisiveness for all the time spent deliberating as to whether I should be getting new or vintage, adjustable or fixed, pretty or functional... In the end I went with the Lady Valet; new (vintage too expensive), adjustable (sewing is no longer just a hobby and getting commissions means catering for all shapes and sizes), pretty AND functional (dark wooden stand, ecru fabric, and yes, I got the chalk hem marker accessory!).  Score, I say.

I now finally feel skilfully ready and suitably equipped, to tackle my Everest... a real life Wedding Dress (not for me)... Prepare yourselves for some serious duchess silk satin, georgette and lace shenanigans on the horizon!

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! I'm actually wanting to buy this exact form, I'd love to hear how you find using her in the next few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your new assistance, she's beautiful! It's so exciting that you're making a wedding dress, I shall be following your progress eagerly!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts, and if you have any questions at all, I will reply to them within these comments - so please be sure to check back to get your answer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...