Thursday, 3 November 2011

Meet Me At Oxfam

I am excited, delighted and proud to announce that I have been asked to contribute a series of guest posts for no less than the Oxfam Fashion Blog!

Focusing on creative DIY and sustainable knits, I get to spend the next couple of months researching and putting together tutorials, how-to's and any other resources I can muster to (hopefully) inspire the Oxfam readers to discover the joy and satisfaction of putting in the time and love (and minimal monies) for a homemade holiday season.

My first post is a tutorial on how to make the above intricate fairisle hot water bottle covers, with not a knitting needle in sight!  I don't think any household can have too many hotties, and these are so easy peasy and super quick to make, and always an appreciated and useful gift.


  1. I love your blog, Elisalex. Certainly of world-wide value. Congratulations on your Oxfam gig! They can tell how good you are. - Laura G.

  2. Yay! Ive worked out how to comment without it linking back to my old (and disasterous) blog! Wahoo!
    Congratulations again sweet friend!!
    Since I seem to have spent all my money for november ALREADY (I know!) I'm thinking by staying in and making things I can not only save money, but also keep myself entertained!? Easy tasks like this are just what I need to get started...I'll keep you informed!!xx

  3. Just linking up to your post, I love your blog, so many beautiful ideas, Thank you for some amazing inspiration
    Brit in Canada

  4. Weeell, this is three years out and was wondering if you could post the link for your hot water bottle covers...when I click on the links above, I think they go to the general page where chronologically, it shows the most recent posting.

    I'm going to try a search. I looked already in "fashion" but didn't find it.

    I LOVE those above and have so many sweaters..mostly felted..that I've saved to do items like this. Did one for my daughter years ago, but knitted that one.



I love hearing your thoughts, and if you have any questions at all, I will reply to them within these comments - so please be sure to check back to get your answer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...