Wednesday 19 October 2011

Pine Cone Garland


Following a few visits to Kew Gardens over the last month, I have found myself with an abundance of pine cones...


...Some we painted, ready to be strung and hung as Christmas Tree decorations.  But Christmas is still 9 weeks away...


...Then I got inspired after seeing this tutorial from Twig & Thistle and made me a little pine cone garland using screw hooks and some Tyrolean ribbon my Mum gave me years ago.  It's always nice to bring a bit of the outside in, paying homage to the seasons, but despite all my efforts to greenify my fingers, most living plants I come into contact with don't last long (except my beloved Cherry Tree).  So... maybe I'll have more luck adorning my house with a plant that's already dead!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts, and if you have any questions at all, I will reply to them within these comments - so please be sure to check back to get your answer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...