Monday 23 May 2011

Sleep or Sew?

After two 5am starts in a row, I felt almost delirious this morning as I - still in pyjamas - dropped my son off at nursery.  Practically salivating at the thought of going back to sleep for the whole day, I got halfway up the stairs to my bedroom and stopped.  No, I thought, I will not spend a full day of precious me-time asleep.  And then the next thought was:  I have a party tomorrow night and I have nothing to wear...


So instead of crawling back into bed I put on a pot of coffee, turned the ipod up loud and started looking through patterns and fabrics.  Much more fun than sleeping!



I've been desperate to make this dress ever since it arrived last week (latest batch of vintage patterns from Lanetz) and, totally wired from too much caffeine and not enough sleep, I'm having such a great time making this dress!  After considering my options fabric-wise, I decided to go with the pink floral/check cotton combo to begin with.  Nice and easy to work with, and not too disastrous if it all goes wrong.  If it goes well, however, I will definitely be repeating this dress in a number of variations...



So now I've come to the boring bit - skirt gathering... And yes, I am procrastinating.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts, and if you have any questions at all, I will reply to them within these comments - so please be sure to check back to get your answer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...