Monday 6 June 2011

this evening...

...I am finally getting around to hanging some embroidery hoops in my studio, inspired by the swatch portraits at Purl Soho in New York.  


I love how personal this project can be; instead of simply hanging a collection of pretty fabrics, all of these have sentimental value to me.  Either embroideries I have done, old family curtains, scraps from past projects.  And most of these fabrics can be found elsewhere throughout my house... on the sofa, in my wardrobe, on my son's bed, even on the walls.  There's more in the waiting, just need to find some more hoops!

...and having a major Elvis revival

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts, and if you have any questions at all, I will reply to them within these comments - so please be sure to check back to get your answer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...